Online streaming of the V National Expert Forum. Panel "The First Ukrainian War: One Year under New Conditions"
The Forum is organized by the Gorshenin Institute.
News portal LB.ua is conducting a live online broadcast of the V Expert Forum "Ukraine. Stress test". Panel "The First Ukrainian War: One Year under New Conditions".
Issues for discussion:
- Lessons of the war. How has Ukraine changed over the year following the Revolution of Dignity, the annexation of Crimea and the start of the war in the east of Ukraine?
- Possible scenarios for a peaceful settlement in Donbas. How possible is a political solution to the conflict in Ukraine’s east? Does such a possibility exist?
- Alternative strategies. Should Ukraine fight for Donbas with military means?
- The annexation of Crimea and the conflict in Donbas as a factor for changing the agenda of international relations. The start of the Second Cold War or the Third World War?
- The coalition of international support for Ukraine. How effective are the actions by the US and the EU to curb Russian aggression in Ukraine? What should we expect from Ukraine’s foreign partners in the near future?
- Prospects of the conflict development in the coming months: localization or expansion of the instability zone?
Participants of the panel discussion:
- Valentyn Nalyvaychenko, Chairman of the Security Service of Ukraine;
- Arsen Avakov, Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine;
- Yuriy Stets, Minister of Information Policy of Ukraine;
- Petras Auštrevičius, member of the European Parliament, member of the EP Committee on Foreign Affairs, founder of the group Friends of European Ukraine;
- Christine Dugoin-Clément, expert of French strategic think tank Sogdian and Institut Prospective & Sécurité en Europe (IPSE);
- Bohdan Yaremenko, expert on international relations, Board Chairman of the “Maydan of Foreign Affairs” Foundation.
Panel experts: Oleh Rybachuk, Yuriy Biryukov, Tengiz Pkhaladze, Dmytro Tymchuk, Taras Berezovets, Mykola Sunhurovskyy, Kostyantyn Matviyenko.
Panel moderator: Piotr Andrusieczko, editor-in-chief of The Ukrainian Magazine (Poland), Journalist of the Year 2014 (Poland).